Sunday, September 11, 2011

The nail bug finally caught me: How to do newspaper print nails!

Don't you love painting your nails, making them glittery, crackly and colourful?  I love doing my nails on a weekly basis and my toes every two weeks.  But here's the deal, my right hand does a wonderful job in painting my left hand nails but the left hand - pretty much stuffs up the other hand most of the time.  Here's one nail design that's fool proof for those with feebly hands like me. Newspaper Print Nails!  I thought it was so cool to recreate when I first learnt about this easy trick from Yaz Turker of Primped. So here's what you'll need:

1. Any type of alcohol (isoprophyl or the regular one). Here I used regular rubbing alcohol. You can even use vodka if you like. ^^ 
Regular rubbing alcohol
2. Nail polish remover
Bobbie Nail polish remover
3. Newspaper cut or torn into small pieces
Torn newspaper - small pieces
4. Some Qtips or cotton buds
Qtips or cotton buds
5. Your favorite nail polish
Your favorite nail polish
So let's start. Make sure you apply  your favorite base coat to your clean dry nails to protect your nails from turning yellow and to make your lacquers last longer.  Then apply your polish as you'd normally do.  Let it dry well.  I can't decide that day which polish to use so I tried 5 different ones to see which one will stand out.
Apply 2 coats of nail polish after your base coat
After 5 to 10 mins, dip your finger in the alcohol for 2 seconds (I tried spritzing them with an atomiser and it worked out just as well).
Dip into the alcohol
After dipping your finger into the alcohol, wrap the newspaper clippings onto the nail. Press it firmly for 10 to 15 seconds.
Press firmly for 10 - 15 seconds
The ink from the newspaper will be transferred to your nails and fingers.  At this point, you can now use the cotton buds and nail polish remover to clean the sides of your fingers or put a topcoat first to each nail then clean it afterwards.  I chose to do the latter so I could hit 2 birds in 1 stone by removing the newspaper ink from the sides of my finger and the excess nail polish marks on the side of my nails.
Tada! Finish with top coat then clean the sides
Hihihi.. I decided to play with my toe nails too! ^^
Hahaha! My foot with newspaper print!^^
This easy trick was on Mx (free newspaper) the day that I had fun with my nails. How cool is that?
Mx Newspaper
Isn't this very fun and easy to do?  C'mon, try it and tell me what you think.

Have a great week ahead! =))

I hope you enjoyed reading this post as much as I did writing it, click here to subscribe for updates on new posts.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My photo
Ashfield, NSW, Australia
Discovering beauty, in and around you. Join me in this journey as I discover things beautiful - make up, skincare, how to's, food, events, people, gadgets, or anything that can bring you that sweet smile. Often times, you can find me reading Vogue on my right hand and Newsweek on the other.